U.S. Bank is seeking a detail-oriented Site Reliability Engineer with system configuration and data integrity experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives.
-Develop site monitoring and alerting
-Report performance of operations
-Communicate with Users, Computing, and Development teams in the event of an incident
-Participate in balanced on-call rotation
-Troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively
-Facilitate root cause investigations
-Recognize automation opportunities
-Develop troubleshooting playbooks when necessary
-Develop tools to enable prevention, detection, and mitigation
-Supports the installation, configuration, and maintenance of purchased applications or application frameworks.
-Participates in the design configuration, problem diagnosis, maintenance, and installation of application systems and/or user group profiles.
-Validates system functionality after changes.
-Participates in testing and installing new software releases and application system upgrades.
-Analyzes, monitors, and fine-tunes the application system to achieve optimum performance levels.
-Works with internal infrastructure teams and vendors to resolve issues with hardware and software.
-Maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation to ensure data integrity.
-Participates with application system problem resolution by working with application developers, vendors and internal infrastructure team members to troubleshoot.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-At least 5 years experience with developing and implementing applications
-Development experience with .Net and Java
-Familiarity with code management solutions such as Team Foundation Server
- Working knowledge of IT environment
- Working knowledge of IT service and change management
- Working knowledge of IT systems management
- Basic knowledge of system software infrastructure
- Working knowledge of software distribution and installation/support
- Basic knowledge of application delivery including release management
- Basic knowledge of computer operations
- Basic knowledge of hardware infrastructure
- Well-developed problem-solving skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively and professionally with co-workers, customers and management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
1st - Daytime