U.S. Bank is seeking a Scrum Master to be a part of a high-performance agile development team. We are looking for someone with design and development experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives.
You will be responsible for implementing, facilitating and enabling the agile methodology at the team level in support of U.S. Bank’s Digital Platform initiatives. The Scrum Master will be a servant-leader who ensures adherence to standard Scrum practices, implements continuous improvements for increased team performance, coach/mentor team members in agile practices, and report on team performance.
• Possess and exhibit knowledge of principles of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), which include Agile Project Management, Lean Thinking and Servant Leadership.
• Lead and/or facilitate agile ceremonies (i.e., daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospectives)
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Agile Team Members, Product Managers, Product Owners, User Experience, Delivery Leaders, Project Managers, Stakeholders and impacted development teams outside the scrum team.
• Guide team in self-organization, encourage and motivate team to focus on iteration goals, promote collaboration and communication with and between teams.
• Remove impediments for the scrum team.
• Work with multiple development teams on and off the Agile Release schedule to build scalable software.
• Guide team so quality task reporting, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and user stories are created.
• Create transparency into Scrum team activities and progress through status reporting to leadership.
• Willingness to take ownership on issues and collaboratively provide solutions to problems.
• Ability to make tough decisions.
• Act as a coach or a mentor (when needed) on agile delivery practices and principles to ensure the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is applied, which include promoting and reinforcing team rules.
• Collaborate with customers and other stakeholders to deliver results and value through the agile framework.
• Engage in internal partnerships involving external vendors.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
Leaders at U.S. Bank consistently demonstrate integrity and ethics, maturity and resilience, and inspire trust and confidence among their teams. Our leaders are strong communicators who promote collaborative relationships, influence others, and value the diversity of backgrounds and ideas among their employees.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-At least 6 years experience with activities, tasks, practices and deliverables for assessing and documenting business opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of potential applications.
• Experience in the money movement or online authentication/security space.
• Banking and/or financial sector experience.
• Knowledge and experience with responsive design.
• Scrum Master certification (CSM,SA)
• 2 years’ experience as a Scrum Master on software development teams applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• Experience as Scrum Master working across multiple agile teams (minimum of 2 teams working simultaneously).
• Ability to coordinate work between teams using agile and traditional methodologies.
• Previous experience as a team lead for a major development effort.
• Proficient with Version One or other agile tool.
• Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
• Must have a complete understanding and use of the agile framework to optimize the Scrum implementation and delivery abilities.
Other Locations Minnesota-MN-Richfield
1st - Daytime