At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
US Bank is seeking an experienced Development Manager in support of our critical Enterprise Landing Zone (ELZ) environment, a Hadoop and Informatica based sourcing solution for the bank. We are in the early phases of building out this highly visible critical asset for the bank and have various future plans to expand the usage and functionality beyond sourcing. This position will be responsible for leading the team responsible for development of the ELZ application. Responsibilities include application systems analysis and programming, conducting time & cost estimates, resource allocation to projects and timely implementation of new or revised application/programs in addition to providing technical guidance on day-to-day activities for the team. Instilling end-to-end development best practices for development work and leading the team in optimization efforts are also central responsibilities for this position.
This position manages under broad direction and objectives. Manages a staff of 1 to 5 direct reports and 11 to 15 indirect reports, including a number of contractors. May occasionally lead project staff. Also involved in supporting projects that are complex to very complex.
• Proven experience in creating a cohesive, effective and engaging work environment with a various mix of development staff (employees and contractors) at various locations (onshore and offshore)
• Experience in leading teams with complex code management requirements, branching, and coordination of code versions and batch processing across various lower environments.
• 4 to 6 years experience in managing a group of developers in a data environment that included development with an ETL (Extract, Transform & Load) Tool
• Experience in building out Enterprise Wide data assets (Sourcing Hub, Data Warehouse, Operational Data Environment, etc..)
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
• 10 or more years of experience in information systems technology and financial services industry applications
• Four or more years of managerial experience
• Experience in Informatica (BDE)
• Experience in Hadoop (Hortonworks)
• Superior knowledge of systems technology and functional area
• Advanced technical and business knowledge of organization policies and procedures
• Demonstrated management, leadership and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated analytical, project management and tactical planning skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in developing and managing project budgets
Other Locations Missouri-MO-Saint Louis
1st - Daytime