U.S. Bank is seeking a detail-oriented
with data security and disaster recovery experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. In this role the Database Administrator manages administration of procedures and practices regarding data access and upkeep for a specific database technology using COBOL programming language and IBM Mainframe file structures.
• Manages and maintains data definitions in all production, non-production databases, and replication servers.
• Maintains security database and generates reports, queries, and documentation.
• Manages database elements, including creation, alteration, deletion, and copying of schemas, databases, tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, triggers, and declarative integrity constraints.
• Sets up access privileges to databases.
• Creates and maintains user profiles for database access, including login and password.
• Monitors database and replication servers for resource utilization.
• Performs backup and recovery, configures database parameters, and prototypes designs against logical data models.
• Handles testing, reporting, and backup/restore.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 1 year experience with tools, facilities and techniques for managing and administering data.
Basic understanding in:
• COBOL programming language
• IBM Mainframe file structures
• Information management
• Relational databases
• Technical troubleshooting
• Application delivery process
• Database backup and migration
• IT environment
• Query and database access tools
• Data administration
• Database structures
• Application development tools
• Computer operations
Working experience in:
• Database design (physical)
1st - Daytime