Elavon is seeking a Technology Architect with strategic and influencing experience to contribute toward the success of our initiatives with in the Elavon business. Develop a technology strategy to enhance business strategy by researching current trends to leverage technology to transform the customer experience management business processes to enable a superior customer experience.
• Support the development of systems infrastructure architecture standards and usage guidelines inline with overall infrastructure strategies for virtualized infrastructure platforms.
• Develop IT architecture solution roadmaps in partnership with other Infrastructure Architects
• Work as part of global IT Infrastructure Architecture team to convert business requirements into solutions based on IT standards and usage guidelines
• Proactively monitor the strategic direction of key vendors, technology and market trends, and determine their potential impact and value to our organization
• Research and lead proof-of-concepts to assess and build new capabilities that add business value
• Collaborate with various IT Teams to ensure best practices are followed and the appropriate support models are established prior to operational transition
• Works with departmental team(s) to formulate, schedule, and complete System improvement/enhancement projects inline with infrastructure plans and strategies
• Responsible for keeping up to date infrastructure architecture documentation
• Complies with Elavon Conduct Code in work-related matters. Reports violations, or suspected violations, immediately to proper company representative.
• 3rd level IT qualification or an equivalent ICT industry standard certification.
• Certifications in at least two of the following technologies: VMWare, VCE, Microsoft, EMC Storage or equivalent. Design or Architect certifications a distinct advantage.
• TOGAF and/or ITIL accreditation desirable but not essential.
• 3+ years enterprise experience planning, designing and architecting solutions with a multitude of technologies such as Operating Systems, Storage, Compute Platforms, Cloud components, Virtualized Infrastructure platforms, converged and hyper-converged platforms
• 7+ years enterprise experience in Data Center Planning, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
• 10+ years enterprise experience with multiple server operating systems, virtualization hypervisors (Windows Server, Redhat Linux, UNIX, vSphere)
• Experience in virtualized infrastructure automation, vRealise Automation Suite.
• Knowledge and experience working with software defined networking and virtualized storage systems (Vmware NSX, Vmware vSAN).
• Working knowledge of systems architectural concepts and frameworks.
• Experience in implementing TOGAF and/or ITIL frameworks is desirable.
• Experience of architecting, designing and implementing systems and solutions in a high availability, 24/7 online technical environment as well as creating conceptual, logical and physical designs for infrastructure and platforms.
• The methods and techniques used in protecting systems and data security (information security).
• Proven ability to multi-task.
• Works on own initiative with minimum supervision
• Sound written communication with ability to construct documentation for internal and external distribution and presentation skills.
• Has proven ability in communicating effectively at all levels.
• An ability to read, analyze and interpret common business documents and understand requirements.
• Strong team player; will assist and seek assistance where appropriate to deliver tasks on time.
• Highly productive and flexible in approach to tasks and individuals.
• Is prepared to do what it takes to keep projects on track and can give extra time commitments if required.
• Demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and is regarded highly by others.
• Is approachable and interacts well with other teams and departments.
• Maintains confidentiality of customer and company information.
1st - Daytime