This position is a senior Communications Consultant position in direct support of Global Technology Service’s (GTS) Technology Governance team. The role provides technical communication guidance, services, and support to information delivery solutions, knowledge management systems, and communication strategies. The position will participate in all governance activities including but not limited to knowledge management, evidence collection and audit support, policy change impact analysis, design of processes, authoring of standard operating procedures, structured analysis and control design. The focus is Risk Management in direct support of the First Line of Defense. This role works under the supervision of the VP of GTS Technology Governance but will support all members of the Technology Governance team and interface with all aspects of GTS. It will work with other systems analysts and technical writers, and take direction from the Senior Technical Communications Consultant.
Structured Systems Analysis
• Perform structured analysis to understand and document current operating processes, understand inherent risk, and define the requirements for change to existing processes and procedures.
• Author GTS project documentation for the improvement of process, reduction of risk and adherence to policy and regulation.
• Write, review and edit, and enhance paper-based and multimedia documentation, online help materials, and web/wiki content for moderately complex technology-based applications, risk controls, processes, procedures and other audit-related documentation.
New and Existing Documentation
• Under general supervision, apply structured analysis to first understand and then document the current-state, future steps and the target-state for GTS control documentation, process diagrams and procedures.
• Participate in and often lead documentation review meetings with GTS subject matter experts and management to ensure quality of finished documentation products, and at regular intervals to validate that it still reflects the current operating state of the process.
Supports Audit and Compliance
• Identify or define controls that GTS is performing as an application’s technical owner (TO).
• Participate in audit and compliance requests.
• Participate in the development of training materials when implementing a new process or when existing processes have material changes.
• Understand and apply US Bank policies associated with GTS to technical writing (process controls, procedures, et.al.).
• Review policy changes for impacts to existing controls, metrics or procedures.
• Communicates daily with management: issues, constraints, risks or road-blocks.
• Provide daily updates of tasks completed and tasks to be worked the next day.
• Provides weekly metrics and status to management.
• Must have excellent written, presentation and verbal communications skills.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-At least 2 years experience within a total Information Technology (IT) environment.
Experience with Risk Management and Process Control Design is preferred. Someone with experience defining process, and re-engineering processes to mitigate risk and optimize operations.
US Bank would prefer experience with BPMN, UML and IDEF.
Degrees, Certifications, or Equivalent Experience
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in this practice area is required.
Experience - Years
Technical Writing / Documentation - 6
Structured Analysis - 4
Risk Management / Control Design - 4
IT General - 3
Process Analysis/Management - 3
Process Engineering - 3
Procedure Definition - 3
Competencies - Level
English / Writing Skills - 4
Visio (or other BPM tool) - 3
MS Office - 3
Structured Analysis - 3
IT Standards, Procedures, & Policy - 2
Content Management - 2
Document Management - 2
Teamwork and Collaboration - 2
Communication Impact - 2
Publishing - 1
IT Environment - 1
Other Locations Tennessee-TN-Knoxville
1st - Daytime