U.S. Bank is seeking a motivated Application Manager with application development and project management experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. First level manager of development projects, development teams, and application support functions. Recruits, directs, motivates, and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth, and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Oversees multiple applications programming and analysis projects, which include development, installation, and maintenance of application programs. Communicates and endorses strict adherence to development and quality standards and monitors adherence on an ongoing basis. Directs application support functions and staff to provide quality production support and ensures application service level commitments are met or exceeded. Leads analysis of organizational needs for development and implementation of applications. Reviews and influences design and development of programs, systems, and development artifacts. Interfaces with clients to ensure systems are developed that meet their business needs and specifications. Manages a small staff of employees, as well as employee relations, performance, and reviews. Approves employee time records, work assignments, vacations, sick pay, etc. Helps to plan, develop, and control small to moderate project/product budgets.
• Management of tier 2/3 application support team specializing in database backend and ETL processes:
o Provide oversight and direction for application and process support functions.
o Track issues reported to team through ticketing system to ensure customer needs being addressed in a timely manner.
o Become knowledgeable in applications and processes supported by team.
o Work with team leads to identify recurring issues and root causes and escalate to the appropriate group for remediation.
o Provide escalation support for team members during crises as needed.
o Ensure all Compliance and Audit tasks are completed quickly and accurately.
• Monitor and improve quality of support provided by team.
• Work with manager to ensure support provided by team is meeting / exceeding expectations.
• Work effectively with peers both within Application Support and with other technical teams.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-At least 1 year experience with major tasks, deliverables, formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications.
-At least 6 years experience with developing and implementing applications.
Competencies / Qualifications
• Experience in leading a technical team, preferably in an application support capacity. Management of remote team strongly preferred.
• Excellent analytical skills – anticipate problems, identify issues, and develop solutions.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks independently while under pressure. Exhibit flexibility - ability to change priorities quickly and capacity to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and / or stressful situations.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Strong planning, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance.
• ETL expertise
• Knowledge of Oracle / PL/SQL
• Knowledge of UNIX commands and shell scripting
Preferred Skills / Experience
• Experience with ServiceNow
• Knowledge of DataStage
• Strong attention to detail and customer service orientation.
• Financial services and / or credit card processing experience a plus.
Education and Training
BS or Equivalent Work Experience.
Minimum 3 years technology management experience with responsibilities listed above.
Certification / License
None required for this position, certifications in relevant areas a plus.
This person will work closely with other GTS management and key business users across the organization. Therefore, the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and staff is a key priority in this role.
• Individual will have access to confidential data.
1st - Daytime