Elavon’s Technical Operations and Services organization is seeking a full-time Java developer to help implement the next generation of
mobile payment solutions. Enter at the “ground floor” and join a data-driven team that executes beyond expectations and pushes the boundaries of what’s possible with creative solutions to hard, mobile-centric business opportunities. We offer a highly competitive salary, benefits, 401k and an environment that allows for creativity and fun at work.
Position great mobile product experiences that deliver on predicted business and economic results. Own and Account for the implementation of mobile web products developed within the Global Technology Solutions cross-functional team.
• Implement software and prototypes into functional, best-in-class, user-focused, competitive, and intuitive mobile user experiences.
• Work within a cross-functional team in an Agile/SCRUM development cycle to deliver industry-leading innovations that drive commerce and payment tech user adoption.
• Cultivate your own understanding of user/market problems and opportunities for improvement and share your insights.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-At least 3 years experience with developing and implementing applications.
• Ability to learn the business of Payments and understand how business processes are represented in the data model
• Demonstrated experience in cleanly separating data, presenting data, and business logic
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or related field
• Experience working with java application servers like Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere and tools Eclipse, Maven/Gulp, Jenkins
• Some Java development experience
• Experience and/or knowledge of frameworks like Spring / Hibernate
• Understanding and demonstrated knowledge of service oriented architecture(SOA) and best practices
• Demonstrated knowledge of REST and JSON technologies
• Experience with Databases, preferably SQL server or Oracle and demonstrated knowledge of Data Architecture design principles.
• Knowledge of load balancing concepts, and clustering technologies.
• Excellent communication skills, fluent and articulate at presenting processes and conclusions to colleagues, as well as the ability to persuasively represent design methodologies.
• People-orientated and comfortable working in a fluid environment where proactivity and self-direction are essential.
• BS in Computer Science, MS a plus
• 2+ years global and/or commercial software development experience
• Data Modeling experience
• Exposure or experience in mobile banking/payment industry
• Agile/Scrum exposure/experience
Working experience in:
• Software design and development
• Software change control
• IT standards, procedures, policy
• Application testing
• System testing
• Application maintenance
• System development life cycle
Extensive experience in:
• Software implementation
1st - Daytime
Yes, 5 % of the Time