U.S. Bank is seeking Technical Support Analyst to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
All duties will be performed in compliance with published Elavon policies and procedures. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Uses technical skills and expertise to support daily operations, and customer escalations.
• Acts as technical escalation point for all application issues that cannot be resolved by front line call support teams.
• Uses tools and established fact-finding procedures to evaluate network, application and data processing issues. Provides resolution or escalation.
• Collects proprietary logs/reports to assist in root cause analysis of system/service events.
• Interprets third-party documentation and protocol specifications if necessary.
• Provides feedback to business and development teams with a degree of technical competence to fully describe ongoing issues and potential solutions.
• Organizes, Conducts, Participates in quarterly Disaster Recovery exercises for supported applications.
• Maintains team inventory of compliance data, and responds to audit evidence requests.
• Maintains current knowledge of Elavon product/service offerings; payment industry standards; and customer integration methods.
• Participates in the on-call support rotation schedule. (approx. 5 weeks per year)
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, plus one year job experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in payments processing field.
• Must be capable of functioning at the command line in a mixed Windows/ Linux/ Unix/ Stratus environment; supporting a diverse array of applications, scripts and system monitoring tools.
• Requires extreme flexibility in establishing priorities, good project definition and communication skills, and a talent for learning new technologies quickly.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
• Must possess basic systems admin knowledge of Windows Server/SQL, UNIX, and Linux
• Must possess basic understanding of modern communications and file transfer protocols TCP/IP, SSH, SFTP, etc.
• Must possess basic SQL query skills.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel/ Word/ Visio and have good documentation skills.
• Previous coding, Perl or shell scripting is helpful
• Preferred experience with; Red Hat, Cisco Certifications, customer service certification or other related accomplishments.
1st - Daytime
on-call shift rotation