This position will work primarily with the business banking team and gain hands on experience analyzing various types of financial information, inputting and deciphering data, and assisting in the decision making processes involved with business lending. As a part of the internship program, this position will also be exposed to multiple facets of the bank, allowing the intern to obtain a general overview of a full-service bank, including time spent with the Agriculture Lending, Retail, Private Banking, Small Business Banking, and Trust departments.
Provides a wide variety of administrative support functions to a credit area. Assists with interpreting and resolving inquiries from customers and others regarding policies and procedures for assigned area referring to reference materials and other resources as appropriate. Assists in coordinating specific projects or programs for the assigned area. Acts as a liaison internally and externally, handling details such as scheduling meetings, preparation and distribution of supporting documentation, project tracking, etc. Performs research and prepares reports and basic analyses involving the compilation of statistics, credit information, financial information, etc., from a variety of sources. Processes records and files by gathering and verifying data and transferring it into standard formats.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years of clerical experience
- Majoring or intending to major in Business/Finance/Accounting or Economics
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to operate basic office equipment
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Some knowledge of policies and procedures for assigned area
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to gather, interpret, analyze, verify and prepare information
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
The Ideal Candidate Will...
- Be an accounting, finance, or economics major between their sophomore and junior years
- Have an overall GPA of 3.25 or higher with A's and B's (must provide transcript)
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a faculty member
Internship timeline June 2015 - August 2015.
Potential for second year internship during Summer 2016.
Career path could include Credit Analyst, Assistant Relationship Manager, Relationship Manager.
Credit / Lending
1st - Daytime