The business technology analyst will work directly with the brokerage (USBI) operational team on developing a reporting and data framework for USBI. This role will work closely with the operations team to develop reports and an ad hoc process that will allow USBI to respond to audit and regulatory requests for data. The position will also work closely with our technology partners to centralize key brokerage data.
The role requires strong reporting skills and the ability to work with large amounts of data. They will act as a liaison for project/release and typically perform analysis supporting the strategies and objectives of the business line. This will include compiling and analyzing information that is very detailed and often interpretive making project/release recommendations based on the findings. The role will interface with internal and external resources to ensure successful completion, installation and implementation in accordance with client needs. The ideal candidate would have experience with the brokerage business and specifically the operational functions.
1. Develops and implements reports for the brokerage operational teams.
2. Develops and implements an ad hoc process that allows the brokerage team to respond to regulatory requests for data.
3. Serves as primary communication interface between brokerage operations and Technical Services development groups.
4. Participates in activities to identify project goal(s), examine alternatives and gain consensus on project steps, schedule and implementation procedures.
5. Interviews business line users to identify and coordinate upcoming priorities, finalize requirements and coordinate sizing of projects across other technical units.
6. Identifies, coordinates and monitors internal resources to ensure successful project testing, implementation and completion; fosters their cooperation and involvement in the effort.
7. Prepares analysis, implementation steps and documentation to ensure a smooth implementation of the project.
8. Participates in problem resolution, project/release evaluation, provides continuing support and service as required.