If you can’t travel to see your family and friends over the holidays, your phone might be the best way to stay connected. But did you know it’s also the preferred way to give a gift? According to Zellepay.com, sending money through person-to-person apps is preferred by 38% of respondents while 36% say they plan to give a physical gift.
Here are some other ways digital banking apps can help make the holidays brighter:
- Use it to split a bar tab: If you’re going to a holiday cocktail party with friends, it can be awkward when the check comes. But using a digital wallet can make paying your portion easier and less stressful.
- Use it to split the cost of a group gift: Four out of five consumers have split the cost of a gift with someone else and that trend is likely to continue.
- Give the gift of cash: More and more people say they prefer the gift of money and plan to spend it on experiences, bills and personal spending.
- Shop for locally made gifts: Support local artists, restaurants and other small businesses by using your digital wallet to buy one-of-a-kind pieces, services or gift cards.
- Use it to tip a service provider: An easy way to say thank you to your dog walker, hair stylist, gardener and paper boy is to give them a digital tip or bonus.
- Send money to your favorite charity: Make your money count for double by donating to a charity in your loved one’s name.