COVID-19 Temporary Credit has been given to customers that may have a negative balance when depositing an Economic Impact Payment (stimulus check). To ensure that you have full access to the stimulus payment, we applied a temporary credit to your account(s). You'll see this listed in your transaction history as "COVID Temporary Credit."
You will get a notification advising you of the following information:
- The date of the original credit
- Amount of the original credit
- The date at which the outstanding credit amount will be withdrawn from your account. (You will have the option to pay this prior to the given withdrawal date.)
- If withdrawal causes you to have insufficient funds at the time your outstanding credit is paid back, you'll be charged an overdraft fee. U.S. Bank will immediately refund that fee.
- The funds will need to be repaid within 60 days from the original credit date. You can make partial or full payments within the 60 days.