Learn what to expect after your loan is paid in full by watching this video: What happens when you pay off your mortgage? or follow the steps below.
- After your mortgage is paid off, we (U.S. Bank) send a confirmation of your payoff funds and we’ll outline the next steps. If you need a formal payoff confirmation, request one by calling us at 800-365-7772.
- Next, we’ll ask to verify your current address.
- Many important documents are sent during this process, and we need to be sure you’re getting them at the right location.
- You can also update your address at any time by logging into digital banking.
- If you’re enrolled in autopay, we’ll cancel it for you. If you’re sending funds from another financial institution to pay your mortgage, you may need to contact them to cancel those payments.
- Within 20 business days, we’ll mail your final escrow analysis and refund any overpayment.
- Finally, we’ll release the mortgage lien from the public property records and send you the final paperwork.
- Visit our FAQ page at usbankhomemortgage.com for more information.
- We can be reached at 800-365-7772, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. CT, and Saturday from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. CT. We accept relay calls.