We are in the process of enhancing our online banking bill pay. Your experience may be different from this article. To view the new process, check our Digital Explorer page.
If your biller hasn't received a completed payment, log into online banking and follow the steps below.
- Select Bill Payments, then Pay Bills.
- Select Past Payments and locate the payment in question.
- You can select the [+] sign next to the payment to view more information.
- Select the Resolve Issue link next to the transaction in the Tasks column.
- What you see next depends on whether the payment was made by paper check or electronically.
- Paper check: You’ll receive a message the payment was made by check and how to find a copy of the canceled check.
- Electronic payments:
- We’ll provide information about the payment you selected.
- We’ll need some additional information to research the issue. Please complete the Payment Inquiry form, then select Send Inquiry.
Before submitting a payment inquiry, we recommend contacting the biller. They may have received a payment but it hasn’t appeared in their system yet.
The option to submit a payment inquiry is only available on the full usbank.com website. This option is not available on mobile banking.