What is EBT?
Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) is a federally funded program designed to electronically deliver Food Stamp and Cash Benefits for family assistance. This program is a result of thee Welfare Reform Act passed by Congress in 1996, and dictates that all states must enact EBT Food Stamp programs by October 1, 2002. EBT was created and designed to replace a vulnerable and outdated paper-based system with an integrated electronic solution capable of meeting a widening range of federal and state service requirements.
- Additional payment option
- Improves accuracy of transaction data and timeliness of payment
- Easier handling and depositing of program benefits
- Increased security and reduced opportunity for fraud by entry of PIN with each transaction
- Integrated point-of-sale devices with a full service offering
EBT processing is available as an integrated solution for the following equipment
- Hypercom T7E, T7P, or T77
- Verifone Tranz 380
- Omni 3200
To learn more about EBT processing or other products, call 1-800-432-9413, or use the Contact Us form.