Our securities lending strategies can help you optimize the investment returns on securities in your portfolio by lending to selected borrowers. Our in-house experts employ proven, time-tested processes, strengthened by advanced technology. We provide you with a chance to increase earnings without interrupting trading activities or income cash flows. We oversee the securities lending process, which includes:
- Selecting borrowers with ongoing borrower review
- Monitoring availability of securities
- Negotiating rebates
- Receiving and monitoring cash collateral levels
- Processing securities movements
Enjoy the benefits of our internally-run securities lending program:
- High Utilization Rates – We placed 31% of admitted assets out on loan in 2008, as compared to an industry average of 17% during the same period. Higher utilization rates mean assets will be on loan more often.
- Diligent Credit Management – We maintain a due diligence process with respect to approved borrowers.
- Collateral Management – We typically require cash collateral from each borrower of securities equal to 102% of the market value of each security on loan, plus any accrued interest on debt.
To meet the needs of of our clients, we have a variety of securities lending programs, including standard, municipalities, mutual fund and customized.
Learn more about how Institutional Trust & Custody can meet your needs:
Public & Government Entities
Defined Benefit Plans
Securities Lending Client Access