The Unified Managed Account (UMA) reaches beyond traditional Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs) by giving portfolio managers a consistent, systematic approach to overseeing each trade recommendation of every SMA money manager represented in your portfolio. Using sophisticated technology, our portfolio managers are able to consider tax and risk exposure at both the individual security and overall portfolio level.
A U.S. Bank UMA will provide you with these valuable features and benefits:
- Access to outside money managers whose investment services are often available only to very large individual and institutional investors.
- Customization that allows you to exercise preferences about individual securities, sector emphasis and socially responsible investing.
- Management of capital gains and losses through the consistent, systematic application or information related to tax-advantaged trades.
- One point of contact – one of our dedicated portfolio managers oversees the investment portfolio, providing ongoing asset allocation advice, tax-efficient portfolio management and periodic review of investments and long-term financial objectives.
- Assets are held under custody at U.S. Bank for safekeeping and easy trading.
- Ease of transitioning between managers and investing outside assets, without necessarily selling the assets first to reinvest cash.
Learn more about how Institutional Trust & Custody can meet your needs:
Unified Managed Accounts