Margin loans provide access to funds for various needs and the ability to gain additional benefits from your investments.
As a method of financing leveraged purchases, short selling, or obtaining a personal loan, margin accounts are available for investors who can tolerate the risk of fluctuating markets and have the ability to meet margin calls.
- Margin accounts are subject to additional risks and are subject to approval by U.S. Bancorp Investments.
- Eligible securities may be used as collateral against which funds can be borrowed ("leveraged") to buy more securities based upon your available holdings.
- A margin loan can also be used for a mortgage down payment, car loan, student loan or other personal loan.
- Once approved for margin, funds can be obtained at any time with no waiting period depending on current market conditions. Funds from a margin loan can be transferred the same day into your checking or savings account.
- Interest rates for margin loans are competitive and vary based upon the amount borrowed.
- Margin loans have no specified payback period. However, due to market fluctuations a "margin call" may be issued which would require immediate repayment by fund or security deposit or liquidation of existing securities. For most securities, you can borrow up to 50% of their value. You establish the payment schedule (monthly, quarterly or other) for the repayment of your margin loan. You can also use the proceeds from the sale of securities to repay the balance.
For more information, please contact us for details.
To apply for a Margin loan, contact your Financial Advisor or customer service at 800-888-4700.