|How ReliaCard Works
Agencies simply utilize their existing direct deposit processes to deposit funds to recipients' ReliaCard account. Recipients can access their funds immediately and use their cards anywhere Visa is accepted. Anyone is eligible for the card, and there are no credit checks or bank accounts required1.
- Immediate and sustained cost savings to the bottom line – Reduce costs associated with paper checks, postage, reconciliation or replacement of lost checks.
- Achieve 100% electronic payments – Improves participation rates in direct deposit and delivers funds on time.
- Ease and convenience – Complements existing direct deposit processes through standard ACH funding.
- Multiple uses – Unemployment benefits, child support, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or other public assistance programs.
- Convenience – Funds are automatically loaded to the card, so there's no need to cash or deposit a check.
- Widely accepted – Make purchases or withdraw cash anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted 2.
- Security – If the card is lost or stolen, the funds are protected by Visa Zero Liability3 and are FDIC insured.
- 24/7 access – Cardholders may call Cardmember Services or go online to get real-time account information.
- Balance Alerts – Request email or text notifications for activities such as the addition of funds or low balance 4.
- Pay bills – Conveniently pay all bills from one central website.
- Mobile Banking Application – Perform a balance inquiry or view transaction history using the ReliaCard Mobile Banking Application.
U.S. Bank: A Prepaid Industry Leader
- One of the largest and most experienced issuers of prepaid cards.
- First prepaid card issuer to implement a Visa-branded debit card solution for disbursing government agency payments.
- Over 30 government agency programs in 16 states.
- Awarded "Best Government Program" in 2010 by Paybefore Magazine.
- Most Admired Bank - Fortune 2011.
- 4-Time Paybefore Award Winner - 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012.
- 2011 Top 10 Greenest Banks - Banking Technology News.
- Member of Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI).
- Member of the American Bankers Association (ABA).
- Member of the Electronic Payments Association (NACHA).
For ReliaCard or other program development questions, please contact us.
If you are a cardholder in need of assistance, please visit reliacard.com or call 866-276-5114.