Transfer and Redemption Requirements
Transfer or redemption of a bond upon the death of a trustee.
In the upper box, locate the transaction you would like performed. Use the numbers following the transaction to refer to the numbered requirements that appear in the lower box. These are U.S. Bank Global Corporate Trust Services requirements to transfer or redeem your bond.
Requirements to perform:
Payment: 1-5, 7-8
- The original bond
- Original death certificate or copy with Medallion Signature Guarantee
- Endorsement of the successor trustee, Medallion Signature Guaranteed
- Copy of the Trust Agreement - the first and last pages as well as pages listing the successor trustee and bond. This does not need to be notarized or Medallion Signature Guaranteed
- A letter of instruction
- Transfer fee, if required
- W-9 for the new registered holder or payee
- Tax waiver, if trustee and grantor are the same, listing the bond
Return to top