Transfer and Redemption Requirements
Transfer or redemption of a bond registered to two or more holders as joint tenants or tenants by entirety.
In the upper box, locate the transaction you would like performed. Use the numbers following the transaction to refer to the numbered requirements that appear in the lower box. These are U.S. Bank Global Corporate Trust Services requirements to transfer or redeem your bond.
Requirements to perform:
Transfer upon death: 1, 3-8
Payment: 1, 3
Payment upon death: 1, 3, 5-8
- The original bond
- Endorsement of ALL owners, with Medallion Signature Guarantee
- A letter of instruction
- Transfer fee, if required
- W-9 for the new registered holder or payee
- Certified Death Certificate(s) or copy with Medallion Signature Guarantee (Note: to transfer or make payment on a bond upon the death of all Joint Tenants, we require death certificates for all holders, and Letters of Testamentary for the holder who died last. The Executor should endorse the bond, with Medallion Signature Guarantee)
- Endorsement is required ONLY IF the bond is to be transferred to someone other than the surviving Joint Tenant
- Tax Waiver, if required, listing the bond
Return to top