Transfer and Redemption Requirements
Transfer or redemption of a bond registered in the name of one individual.
In the upper box, locate the transaction you would like performed. Use the numbers following the transaction to refer to the numbered requirements that appear in the lower box. These are U.S. Bank Global Corporate Trust Services requirements to transfer or redeem your bond.
Requirements to perform:
Transfer upon death: 1, 3-8
Payment: 1, 3
Payment upon death: 1, 3, 5-8
- The original bond
- Endorsement by the Individual, with Medallion Signature Guarantee
- A letter of instruction
- Transfer fee, if required
- W-9 for the new registered holder or payee
- Court Certified Letters of Testamentary dated within 60 days listing the executor and the bond
- Endorsement of the executor named in Letters of Testamentary, with Medallion Signature Guarantee
- Tax Waiver, if required, listing the bond
Return to top