Transfer and Redemption Requirements
Transfer or redemption of a bond registered to two or more holders as joint tenants or tenants by entirety.
Transfer or redemption of a bond registered to two or more persons as Tenants in Common or Community Property.
In the upper box, locate the transaction you would like performed. Use the numbers following the transaction to refer to the numbered requirements that appear in the lower box. These are U.S. Bank Global Corporate Trust Services requirements to transfer or redeem your bond.
Requirements to perform:
Transfer upon death: 1, 3-8
Payment: 1, 3
Payment upon death: 1, 3, 5-8
- The original bond
- Endorsement of ALL owners, with Medallion Signature Guarantee
- A letter of instruction
- Transfer fee, if required
- W-9 for the new registered holder or payee
- Court Certified Letter of Testamentary dated within 60 days listing the executor and the bond
- Endorsement of the surviving owner(s) AND the personal representative of the deceased tenant in common. If these are the same person, that person should endorse twice indicating their capacity.
- Tax Waiver, if required, listing the bond
Return to top