It's a card that you can use to make purchases anywhere Visa is accepted, including millions of retailers (in person, online or over the phone). You can also use it to get cash and make other transactions at ATMs. Purchases and cash withdrawals always come directly from your U.S. Bank checking account.
Simply present your debit card to the retailer and enter your PIN or sign your name for your purchase.
Your new U.S. Bank Visa Debit Card and Personal Identification Number (PIN) will arrive separately in the mail for your security.
- If you use Online Banking or Mobile Banking (including the mobile app),1 you can activate your debit card immediately when it arrives. Simply log in, go to Customer Service / Self Service, and find the option for debit card activation.
- If you don't use Online Banking or Mobile Banking, you can activate your debit card after your PIN arrives by doing one of the following:
- Make a deposit or withdrawal at any U.S. Bank ATM.
- Call us toll free at 800.236.3838.
- Bring your debit card to any U.S. Bank branch, and ask a banker to activate it for you.
PIN purchases give you the option of receiving cash from the retailer in addition to your purchase amount at the register. To make a PIN purchase, choose Debit when it appears on the card terminal. (Note that not all merchants choose to offer "cash over" transactions.) You can also choose Credit and sign for your purchase – either way, the funds for your transaction are taken immediately from your checking account.
With the U.S. Bank Visa Debit Card, you can:
- Skip a trip to the ATM. By using your debit card for everyday purchases, you can save time and eliminate extra trips to the ATM. You'll also avoid paying ATM fees for out-of-network withdrawals when a U.S. Bank ATM isn’t nearby.
- Track every transaction. Purchases are withdrawn directly from your checking account, and you can track transactions and balances easily… Online or on your mobile phone.1 You can also set email and text alerts for important transactions and low balances.2
- Know you're protected. With your U.S. Bank Visa Debit Card, you can count on built-in fraud protection. Unlike cash, you’re protected if your card is ever lost or stolen – and with zero fraud liability, you’re not responsible for any unauthorized purchases.3
See the U.S. Bank Visa Debit Card page for more reasons to use debit instead of cash or checks.
If you lose your card, just call 800.872.2567 (800.USBANKS) or visit any U.S. Bank branch to request a new one.
If you notice a transaction that you don't recognize, please notify U.S. bank immediately by calling 800.872.2657 (800-USBANKS) or visit any U.S. Bank branch.
Yes, all debit cards have daily purchase and ATM withdrawal limits. To view your limit amounts, log in to Online Banking and click on your debit card on the My Accounts page, or give us a call at 800.872.2657 (800.USBANKS).
Yes. If your U.S. Bank Visa Debit Card is ever lost or stolen, you are backed by zero fraud liability, which means you won’t be liable for any unauthorized purchases made with your debit card.3 If your card is ever lost or stolen or a fraudulent purchase is ever made, call us immediately and have your card deactivated.
There are several ways to track your U.S. Bank Visa Debit Card purchases.
- Use Online and Mobile Banking to track your purchases whenever it's convenient for you.
- Track your purchases on your monthly checking account statement.
- Sign up for account alerts. Alerts notify you by email or text when you're about to exceed your checking and savings account limits, when you've made a deposit or withdrawal, or other account details you can choose.
You can change your PIN by logging into Online Banking, via the Mobile app, at a U.S. Bank ATM, by calling 800.872.2657 (800.USBANKS), or by visiting any U.S. Bank branch.
Note: You will need your current PIN in order to complete your request, so be sure to have it readily available before you change your PIN.
If you forget your PIN, visit any U.S. Bank branch to reset your PIN or call us at 800.872.2657 (800.USBANKS) to have your PIN mailed to you.
Still have questions? Give us a call – we're available 24/7.